Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:05:55 -0700
From:         Pensioner <al_knoll@PACBELL.NET>
Subject:      Cigarette Lighter Mystery SOLVED!

Tank tank tank to TJ Hannick and Goldibox. His post in the archives demonstrates the diabolical nature of the yahoos who went to all the trouble to fit up a poorly specified piece of plastic and a lightbulb so you can find the lighter in the dark, thereby making maintenance and removal a transylvanian mystery of epic proportions. Also many tanks to Mikey and his vast knowledge of pest removal devices. And a bag of gummi-baren to Jerry Masar for the pointer to the how to get the dinglefrazzle to stay put in the dash rather than get the wobblies and dump your drink on the floor. Egad ! the hits just keep on coming...pause...read latest response...

Condolences to Zoltan who like me suffers from brainfarts and CRS syndrome.

"There is a way. I just can't remember... Zoltan"

And one more from the esteemed folk... Herr Wolz has it in a nutshell...His response reflects my previously mentioned opinon:

Al,

Lessee - I did that a couple years back! First I removed the dash. Then got out a big-assed drill - maybe a hammer, too - don't quite recall. Put in a new one from an auto supply store that still fits loose!

Damned piece of sh*t!

Karl Wolz

Yeppo. Right on. Age, decrepitation, stealth, perseverance, and research will eventually triumph over youth, exhuberance, brute force and SWAG. Avoid any recipe that starts off, "Bleed one young camel"

The list is highly responsive to pleas for help and various other thready bits (tires come to mind).

Tanks to all, now back to welding the SmallCar exhaust disaster for the SEVENTH time.

pensioner