Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 25 Oct 2003 16:08:56 EDT
From:         Jeff Oxroad <Oxroad@AOL.COM>
Subject:      odd heater fan part number Q?

I got a heater blower fan for the front heater from an 88 Vanagon in a wrecking yard. The heater unit shell was not split and so it would seem had the original factory heater motor in the shell. I split the shell and took out the electric fan with the part number 321 819 021 A. printed on it. A manufacture date of 88 was stamped in the side. The Vanagon seemed to be all stock and certanly not modified in the heater shell area.

I see ETKA lists the heater fan motor for 83-91 Vanagons as 251 819 015 the Bus Depot lists the same fan as 321 819 015.

Anyone know what gives? will the 321 819 021A work and fit in my 83.5 watercooled bus? Maybe there was a different part number for the installed fans and the replacement fans?

I'd like to make sure I have the right fan before I dismantle the dash.

( I see the BD lists 321 819 015 as a Eurovan fan BUT this part number does not include the suffix "A" as on the fan I found. The fan I got out of the Vanagon does not look at all like a eurovan fan from what I see in ETKA.)

Thanks Jeff 83.5 Westy LA,CA