Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Nov 2003 21:23:31 -0800
From:         Damon Campbell <damoncampbellvw@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Canadian gas vs lower 48 states gas

Aren't penguins from the south pole? Or is Quesnel just a little backwards?

Bob, i've actually kept a bit of an eye out for this and havn't really noticed the dramatic effects you mentioned over here in BC. The only overt difference that i know of is that a couple brands (Mowhawk in particular) puts some ethanol and a couple other things to make their gas more "environmentally friendly". I use that stuff, and havn't had any problems yet. Honestly, though, i really havn't been driving much, so i havn't gotten a good feel for the fuel economy average yet.

Hope that helps, -Damon

--- David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG> wrote: > We have a serious problem with penguins falling into > our fuel tanks here and > contaminating things - the better filling stations > have those sticky penguin > strips to keep them out of the fuel... sorry about > the troubles you were > having. :-) > > I used to live in Nova Scotia and there are some > stations that I would stay > away from for that reason. I had a similar > experience going to Washington > so I don't think it is a Canada only thing. As > always, I go to filling > stations that are busy and that are brand name. I > mainly stick to Petro > Canada or Chevron. I've never had a bad experience > like that in BC or AB, > both of my two current gasoline powered VWs have > never skipped a beat and > unfortunately they drink their fair share of fuel. > Of ROBERT DONALDS > Subject: Canadian gas vs lower 48 states gas > > Fellow listees > I want to hear from anybody who travels back and > forth from the states to > Canada or vise versa about there experience with the > two fuels. This past > summer I traveled to Amherst Nova Scotia and I made > it on one tank of Texaco > gas I filled up just before I crossed over the > border. I filled the tank in > Amherst NS with Erving gas as I recall and had to > add 10 dollars Canadian to > make it back to the same Texaco station. The power > was down and the now > famous Ken Lewis O2 monitor had to be pinned to keep > the vanagon moving at > the pace I am acustomed to (75 to 80 MPH). Also this > past week I had a > customer with a classic 71 bus call me from Canada > and tell me the van was > skipping at highway speeds after about the first 1/2 > hour of driving he > admitted to going faster than I recommended but this > skipping as not > happening in the states the engine had a few > thousand miles on it > any thoughts > > going faster miles an hours > I remain > Bob Donalds > Boston Engine Exchange > http://www.bostonengine.com

===== '84 Westy (Sparky) w/2.3L WBX (wow... it actually works!)