Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Nov 2003 15:27:54 +0100
From:         Jaap Nauta <japiejo@OPERAMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Magnetic Tachs - bicycle to vanagon

I've done it last year. Have a good look at the specs, not all are able to handle speeds above ~99km/h (for cateye Enduro8 65miles/h). I used a few electronic components to pick up the tach-signal from the speedometer (see http://www.smallcar.com/speeds.htm ) The same signal I use for my cruise control. It will give you 4 pulses per revolution, but you can correct that in the bicycle tach

Jaap 87 Caravelle

----- Original Message ----- From: John Rodgers <jh_rodgers@BELLSOUTH.NET> Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 14:10:14 -0600 To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Magnetic Tachs - bicycle to vanagon

-- ___________________________________________________ OperaMail free e-mail - http://www.operamail.com OperaMail Premium - 28MB, POP3, more! US$29.99/year