Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:46:07 -0800
From:         Jeffrey Earl <jefferrata@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Bad cat (was: No subject given) NVC
Comments: cc: RAlanen@AOL.COM

Frank Condelli writes: "My van failed nox emmissions and I suspect the cat, it is 12 yrs. old and has 150,000 on it ."

Frank, your problem is most definitely caused by an old and worn-out cat. They usually only live to be about 15 years or so, so yours is probably on its last legs. It's difficult to estimate miles.

You probably need a new one. Perhaps a nice, affectionate, domestic shorthair. I suggest you contact listmember Stan Wilder--he usually has a few extra ones lying around the place or tucked away somewhere in his parts stash. Of course, yours may simply be choking on a hairball, and you may garner several more years of service with a good cleaning.

Next time, for substantially greater longevity, maybe try an Amazon parrot or a cute little American box turtle instead--they often last as long as 80 and 120 years, respectively.

Hope this helps!

"OK, I'll leave it at that since I've already gone on for far too long about something I don't know a whole lot about ..."

Jeffrey Earl 1983 diesel Westfalia "Vanasazi"