Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:38:54 -0800
From:         developtrust <developtrust@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Paypal scam

For those misguided souls who say they hate PayPal, this is not a paypal problem. It is a hacker situation that any thief will try to steal from you in any way possible. This happened to me in my bank credit card (credit union actually) that I caught in time to stop someone in Indonesia trying to buy diamonds with my card. We cancelled my card and set up a new one. Just a small inconvenience. It turns out my credit union had over 60 such cases with credit card fraud originating in Indonesia apparently, but annoying none the less. Where ever you have trust you will have a thief (or terrorist) abuse it. So let's lighten up on paypal and see it for what it is. It is low life people trying anything they can in every way they can imagine to get your money. So it is not paypal or your bank. You might as well hate the almighty dollar and go back to barter. Then the thief will figure out a way to barter bogus goods.

The good news is that it wakes us up to be more aware about how and to whom we give info. I'd rather just be asleep and trust blindly too but in today's world this is no longer possible. The other good news is that these kinds of postings do help us all to become more aware and diligent.

My rant for the day.

William