Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Nov 2003 16:42:47 -0700
From:         Patrick Bryson <pbryson@EXTREMEZONE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mexico?

If you have the time, cross at Mexicali and drive the winding road that parallels the border. I made that drive from Phoenix and met friends in Ensanada on my first day. Everything from the Border to Guerro Negro is interesting. There are wineries that I didn't have time to visit that might be worth a look. The drive from Guerro Negro to San Ignacio is dog ugly but all the rest of it is interesting. San Ignacio, Mulege, Santa Rosalia are all explore worthy but so are lots of other places. Check out the steel church in Santa Rosalia built by Gustave Eiffel. The beaches on the gulf side are lovely. I haven't been south of a spot half way b/t Mulage and Loreto so my knowledge ends there. Take a kayak and hiking shoes.

Patrick Phoenix AZ