Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 9 Nov 2003 09:13:51 -0800
From:         Doktor Tim <doktortim@ROCKISLAND.COM>
Subject:      Re: How do you tell OEM German heads from the AMC's???
Comments: To: "brian M." <wirenut992000@YAHOO.COM>

It will have VW logo cast in. I have yet to see an AMC head that did not have their mark on there either?? If you can't find a makers mark, it's just an unknown source and very risky generally. I wouldn't pay 5 bucks for it even if it looked new, if source was unknown by makers mark. Just look more closely over all surfaces. Factory heads will have "VW" and part no. cast in vicinity spring seats, under rocker shafts. You have to remove the rockers then clean off the varnish, if you got any, to see them.