Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Nov 2003 06:38:46 -0500
From:         Vanagon Man <vgonman@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: horsepower increase
Comments: To: "sam.cooks" <sam.cooks@VERIZON.NET>

Please note on the Lilley list that all of the gains are strictly estimates.............nothing is proven on dyno. Merely seat of the pants and assumptions of HP gains. Great ideas, and some of them may add to longevity.but many are costly for no real perceived gain. Some of the ideas are designed for race engines.....something our vanagons are not going to do any time soon...........and just cause it is designed for racing does not mean that it is better for daily driven car.

This also was the case with Ken out at Eurocars in Denver...a lot of claims and no proof..The "road house" has burned 2 pistons!

The best improvement i personally have driven was the Big Valve 2.1L by Boston Engine. Large improvement over stock rebuild.

Also, you would be really surprised how peppy a new rebuild seems over a tired engine.........i know i was!

Adam P Charleston,SC Coburn, WV 81 Westy "The Brick " 70 Single Cab "Whitey" 74 Beetle "Ol Yeller" 73 Transporter (STILL at paint shop) 1988 Vanagon Wolfsburg 1976 Transporter (New CA bus) 1974 412 "Goldmember" Used Vanagon Parts for sale (mostly aircooled) ----- Original Message ----- From: "sam.cooks" <sam.cooks@VERIZON.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 12:21 AM Subject: Re: horsepower increase