Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Nov 2003 00:33:53 -0800
From:         Charles Jalgunas <imahorse@STANFORD.EDU>
Subject:      1989 Wolfsburg for sale $2000.00

Volks

After a year of increasing maintenance costs, its time for me to pass it on to someone else.

http://www.stanford.edu/~imahorse/vanagon

The good: In the past year, I have replaced the rear heater core, water pump, tires, belts, coolant reservoir, tail pipe, and muffler.

The bad: The day after it was diagnosed with excessive play and noise in the crank it developed the loudest engine knock I have ever heard and lost power.

The ugly: It runs (painful to listen to) and can't be driven away

What you get: 1989 Vanagon Wolfsburg Edition 7 passenger seating 4 speed manual transmission Power steering 187,00 miles

Inside: Power windows Power locks Air conditioning 2 quick release rear facing jump seats Folding table with overhead florescent light More broken drink holders than you can count on one hand, and at least one good one. Convertible rear bench seat/bed with storage underneath Front passenger Captain's Chair AM/FM Cassette

Outside Straight body and good paint Wolfsburg trim, fairings and skirts Stock alloy wheels Six ply tires with 6000 miles

All the above stuff works, except the aforementioned drink holders and the AC. This was my daily driver for the last 5 years and we are intimately familiar with each other. For $2000.00 I will help you load it onto your flatbed. The van is parked near Stanford University, sort of between San Francisco and San Jose. I have more pictures and can send them at high or low res for your browsing pleasure.

Charles