Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Nov 2003 00:16:30 -0000
From:         kfilc <kfilc@SYMPATICO.CA>
Subject:      Re: DIESEL starting and other general questions
Comments: To: Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>

Hi there, the choke knob is actually not a choke you find in the older cars. A real choke has to pushed back after you car runs smooth, otherwise it run too rich and the amount of gasoline not needed anymore could wasch the oil of the pistons. The "choke" on a diesel helps you for a cold start and changes only the mixture a bit. Even when you forget to push it back, nothing happend to your motor except the diesel milage is differnt, meaning less miles/gallon I had a 95 Golf diesel (is my doughters car now) and there was the same knob. I got the information which I give you from the VW mechanic. Was also mentioned in the ownwers manual.

Karl

----- Original Message ----- From: "Felder" <felder@KNOLOGY.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 2:31 AM Subject: DIESEL starting and other general questions