Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Nov 2003 06:54:44 -0800
From:         Brian & Carol Megas <bmegas@ISLAND.NET>
Subject:      I've lost my fast idle...

I've lost my fast idle and don't know where to find it. About a week ago, I started up our 86 Westy one morning and there was no fast idle. Temperature was around freezing that morning and the fast idle at cold startup hasn't yet returned. Since then, air temperature in the mornings has varied from a little below freezing to maybe 45 F, and still no fast idle at startup.

So I just tap the gas pedal to speed up the engine, everything is fine, and away I drive with no stumbling or hesitation. However, I'm a liitle concerned that I might have some problems if it gets really cold out.

Other than no fast idle, van runs great. Suggestions of where to look first?

Thanks

Brian Megas

Brian, Carol, Thea, Deverelle and Kelsey Megas Mikey as the dog, Bruno as the 86 Westy Box 180, Chemainus, BC, Canada, V0R 1K0 bmegas@island.net http://www.island.net/~bmegas/ **to make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake**