Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:08:17 -0700
From:         Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: SIRIUS install in Vanagon Westy

Hi Frank, My antenna is under my luggage rack as well. I haven't stowed things on top of it so I can't answer your question about that. I can say that while camped directly next to a 500' tall sandstone face that I experienced no interference. While out in the middle of Canyonlands, perched on top of a plateau, I got some interference during a very heavy downpour and I'm presuming that was about both clouds and electrically-charged atmospheric interference. The small LED window stays lit when the power button is "off" and that's the electrical drain. I'm content to use the lighter plug so I can "turn it off" while not in use and engine off. You could likely install a switchable connection between the unit and power source. I do really enjoy all the variety of music, talk, etc. stations and the clarity, truly digital in quality.

Bob Stevens