Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Nov 2003 05:58:11 -0500
From:         Ken Lewis <kdlewis_wasting_time@ACCESS4LESS.NET>
Subject:      Re: Coolant hose fatigue
Comments: To: developtrust <developtrust@COX.NET>

William, I think you were actually pretty lucky to have a "small" leak. Had it been a catastrophic failure, the engine could have pumped it's self dry before you got it pulled over. Exposed piston cylinders get hot very quick causing water to turn to steam. Water volume increases by hundreds of factors. Right about now is when the head gaskets melted out the bottom of the engine on my wife's 85 GL, stranding her fifty miles from home. Ken Lewis 86 Transporter Crew Cab 60 356 T-5 Porsche http://neksiwel.20m.com/ Vanagon tech, pixs, O2 monitor gadget ----- Original Message ----- From: "developtrust" <developtrust@COX.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 12:27 AM Subject: Coolant hose fatigue