Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:57:48 -0800
From:         developtrust <developtrust@COX.NET>
Subject:      Coolant expert advice needed

I am a real novice when it comes to coolant and most Vanagon repair things so I need expert advice before I tackle learning the bleeding of coolant procedure.

Cost of coolant hose from VW $26. Cost at NAPA $4. Removing and replacing the hose was incredibly easy when I figured out to put the spring clamp on the hose first before fitting it back on. I lost about one gallon of coolant in the process. The van was cold so I removed the pressurized tank cap and poured in about 1/3 gallon of coolant as it was very low. I also filled the non pressurized tank up to the top mark. When I started the van the LED light blinked and went out. It started blinking again so I shut it off and checked fluid levels. It was a little lower but not much.

I started it up again and the LED light after initial start up stays off. I am getting heat up front.

Do I really need to bleed my whole van coolant system?

Hoping for some sage advice before I learn a new thing about this van. By the way the old hose looked like inferior material compared to the NAPA hose.

William