Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 Nov 2003 21:26:48 -0500
From:         Vanagon Man <vgonman@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Pressure cap
Comments: To: MICHAEL POPE <raskayamon@MSN.COM>

If it is getting high in the overflow, you are sucking air into the system somewhere. I had a van doing the same and it was head gaskets.............could be a bad connection on a hose somewhere.

Go buy a $4 tube of coolant dye at the FLAPS.........pur it in, run the car, and see if you see the dye anywhere.then you found your leak..Does not require a black light....makes it like fluorescent yellow.

Adam P Charleston,SC Coburn, WV 81 Westy "The Brick " 70 Single Cab "Whitey" 74 Beetle "Ol Yeller" 73 Transporter (STILL at paint shop) 1988 Vanagon Wolfsburg 1976 Transporter (New CA bus) 1974 412 "Goldmember" Used Vanagon Parts for sale (mostly aircooled) ----- Original Message ----- From: "MICHAEL POPE" <raskayamon@MSN.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 2:21 PM Subject: Pressure cap