Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 Nov 2003 22:18:38 -0800
From:         "J. Harvey" <jtharvey2@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      eBay ethics ..."e-b*y bidding. who`ll make it $1 ??"

I started to reply to the existing eBay topic but I think I got out of hand............

I don't think eBay really offers any good deals.

I sold a few Vanagon parts a week ago but decided not to alert the list because I feel it is inappropriate (sp?). When I list something on eBay it's because I'm in a finacial crunch and eBay typically brings higher prices than I expect list members to pay. A list member ended up winning one of the items and that's great.....list members are always the best to deal with.

Does that make me a bastard for selling to the uniformed at prices I consider infalted? Maybe. I do know that informing the list of my eBay ventures doesn't really benefits the list. Selling privately is a whole differnt ball game since I consider myself more than fair in that arena.

I guess I sometimes feel guilty for selling things on eBay but that's capitalism. Knowing Vanagons, GTi's, Sciroccos, Rabbits, Jettas and the corresponding demands is worth something....I guess. Just as knowing Pro-E, roofing, or machining.

Also, people have more money than others and decided to spend it however they feel fit.........ever you seen MTV Cribs????

So what's the general opinion on this? I'm a broke M.E. student who loves VW's and i want to know what you guys think. -John

'85 Silver Sunroof '91 GTi 2.0 8v '76 BMW 2002

_________________________________________________________________ Set yourself up for fun at home! Get tips on home entertainment equipment, video game reviews, and more here. http://special.msn.com/home/homeent.armx