Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Nov 2003 15:14:34 -0800
Comments:     RFC822 error: <W> Incorrect or incomplete address field found and
              ignored.
From:         JackT <jat2938@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      This is for real- please read!

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately a virus ! has been passed to me through a friend's address book, which also infected my address book. Since you are in my address book, you will probably find it on your computer too. The virus (called jdbg.exe) is not detected by Norton or McAfee anti virus systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system. It is sent automatically by 'messenger' and by address book, weather or not you sent e mail to your contacts. Basically that means you will pass it along unknowingly, as I did.

I was sent this e mail and am now passing it on to you as to how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it. Please do this! It's very simple to do and takes about 3 min. 1. Go to start, then click your "find" or "search" option. 2. in the folder option type the name jdbgmgr.exe 3. Be sure to search your drive c and all the sub folders and any other drives you may have 4. click "find now! " 5. The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN IT! 6. Go to edit (on the menu bar) and choose "select all" to highlight the file without opening it. 7. Now go to file (on the menu bar) and select delete. It will go to the recycle bin. If you find the virus you must contact all the people on your address book so that they may eradicate the virus from their own address books.

To do this 1 open a new e mail message 2. click the icon address book next to "to" 3. Highlight every name and add to "BCC" 4. Copy this message and paste it to e mail

--------- End Forwarded Message ---------