Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 Dec 2003 12:34:49 -0800
From:         Mark Tuovinen <mst@AK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Nokian tires

It is a fact of life that quality costs more and snow tires are not an exception. In my experiences in this area I have found Nokians to last much longer, retain studs better(for those of us lucky, or is that unlucky, enough to live where you can use them), run quieter, and grip the road much better, then other tires. The Nokians on my SO's Audi Quattro look almost the same , after several years use as the new ones sitting here waiting to go on her 2004 Odyssey. If you are only going to use the tires a few times then buy the cheaper tires and accept the lesser performance, but if you are keeping the vehicle for a long time and will need snow tires regularly, buy the Nokians.

If the $60.00 freight mentioned is for a set of four tires it is not a bad price, we would pay that for two.

Mark in AK - All our vehicles wear Nokians..... or they wear nothing at all. 87 Westy Syncro - No Nokians, it is parked for the winter 90 Audi 200 Quattro Wagon - Nokians 93 Honda Accord (fs) - Nokians 90 Jeep Cherokee - w/o snow tires 04 Odyssey - will have its Nokians on when it comes home from the dealership Cannondale H300 - yes they make Nokians for bicycles also

----- Original Message ----- From: Ben S <phlogiston@ISPWEST.COM> Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2003 0:51 am Subject: Re: Nokian tires