Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 Dec 2003 13:57:45 -0800
From:         Mark Tuovinen <mst@AK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Nokian tires
Comments: To: John Connolly <john@aircooled.net>

John,

The Greendiamond concept sounds interesting. It would be nice to compare them against Nokians, they do not show that they have done so on their website. Even more importantly would be how they feel to the driver. I have driven on many tires that claimed to be the best, with test results to support their claims, and have yet to feel as safe as I do with Nokians. The environmentally friendly side of their production is definitelty a plus, though I wonder about adding the dust from deteriorating cabide granules to the atmosphere. The stud vs no stud issue has been big up here for years, personally I think that part of the road wear problem comes from low grade asphalt. Friends at DOT have told me that the highway contractors here use low grade materials to keep the bid price down, and then can bid to do the repairs a year or two later.

Mark in AK

----- Original Message ----- From: John Connolly <john@aircooled.net> Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2003 12:57 pm Subject: Re: Re: Nokian tires