Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 4 Dec 2003 18:11:23 -0500
From:         Edward Maglott <emaglott@BUNCOMBE.MAIN.NC.US>
Subject:      Re: Homemade bike rack for '85 Westy?

I have this type of setup too. I am using the popular tow bar that bolts to the tow loops. The other key is to get the type of bike rack that is for a ball mount, rather than a receiver mount. With the ball mount type, you unbolt the ball, then attach the rack through the same hole the ball attaches to. Quite easy. My rack comes apart in such away that you can remove most of it with no tools, leaving just the part bolted to the hitch plate. Mine was made by Graber, I think for about $50 from bike nashbar. Officially holds 2 bikes, but could probably hold 3. Here's a photo of it on the van: http://snurl.com/39sd

Edward