Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 5 Dec 2003 09:53:05 -0700
From:         JOHN WESTENBERG <mjjwest02@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Fw: Wave 3 Heater

Good Morning Everyone, It is quite cold in Montana and I have been researching heat for my van. After looking at several options: 1.. ProPex - very expensive 2.. Carver - not made anymore 3.. Suburban - can't be side vented 4.. Atwood - too big of battery draw 5.. Platinum Cat - 4-6 week waiting list 6.. various portables - safety issues I have decided on the Olympian Catalytic Wave 3. The lowest price I can find is from rvcatalog.com at $244 with no shipping charge. It will fit easily behind the passenger seat even when the seat is swiveled backwards. It has a quick disconnect to be stored for the Summer (but I will need it 9 or 10 months out of the year). I decided to share my information so others would not have to do so much research unless they just wanted to.

Stay warm, Barbara 89 Syncro

----- Original Message ----- From: Arthur Mindle To: JOHN WESTENBERG Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 9:35 AM Subject: Re: Wave 3 Heater

REPLY: The WAVE 3 is perfect for your VW Vanagon. Our heaters are 100% safe and are Certified as "Unvented Catalytic Room Heaters" by American Gas Association, Canadian Gas Association and European gas/heater testing agencies. We commonly sell the WAVE 3 just for the VW Vanagon. Please call our Customer Service department toll free at 1-800-254-4181 if you wish to personally discuss you needs and concerns.

U. S. Catalytic Corporation ----- Original Message ----- From: JOHN WESTENBERG To: info@uscatalytic.com Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 8:23 PM Subject: Wave 3 Heater

Hi, Could you please tell me what size Wave safety heater would be best for my Volkswagen Vanagon camper van? On the inside it is about 14' by 5' and has the ASI pop top (California conversion). I had planned to buy the Wave 3 because its small size would be great in my small camper. I want to be sure it could heat the space to about 55 to 65 degrees. Usually I will not choose to camp if the temperature is below freezing. Also, is it truly safe to install the Wave heaters with out venting to the outside or having an air intake vent? The literature seems to indicate that it is safe, but I just want to be sure. Thank you, Barbara Westenberg