Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Dec 2003 13:23:20 -0500
From:         "A. Hurley" <ahurley@VIEWIT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tire recommendation requested

Do to the silence I realized that my four-ply studded truck tires won't work!

I wrote down all the styles mentioned here and went to tirerack.com as recommended - used their process and clicked "snow" usage - and came up with this:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compare2.jsp?compare=true&partNumber=&make=&model=&clarifier=&price=&width=185%2F&ratio=null&diameter=14&sortCode=&speedRating=&qty=&stockMessage=&type=T&URL=&newCompare=true&prevprice=&loadRating=&promoShortText=&promoUrl=&sidewall=&sidewallShown=&frontTire=&frontLeftTire=&rearTire=&rearLeftTire=&wantRHP=&RHPprice=&goWhere=%252Ftires%252FCompare1.jsp&minLoad=Reinforced&loadRank=3&dg=true&vehicleSearch=true&speed_rating=R&speed_rating=RR&speed_rating=SR&speed_rating=TR&speed_rating=UR&speed_rating=HR&speed_rating=VR&speed_rating=WR&speed_rating=YR&speed_rating=ZR&manufacturer=BFGoodrich&manufacturer=Bridgestone&manufacturer=Continental&manufacturer=Dunlop&manufacturer=Firestone&manufacturer=General&manufacturer=Goodyear&manufacturer=Kumho&manufacturer=Michelin&manufacturer=Pirelli&manufacturer=Sumitomo&manufacturer=Uniroyal&manufacturer=Yokohama&performance=HR&startIndex=0&sortValue=18&compareList=0&qty_8R4603V_=4&compareList=1&qty_8R4603V8_=4&compareList=2&qty_8R4LT5C_=4&compareList=3&qty_8R43566_=4&compareList=4&qty_8R43568_=4

They do have the Yoko 370 for $50 and $59 but no Nokians, and the Yoko's aren't recommended for mud or snow (which I will be in in my '85 Westfalia from time to time.)

Maybe I'll try Sears.

Does anyone use Les Schwab? That's our only real tire store in this small town, but Seattle is just a few hours away.

Thanks,

Andree

Andree Hurley KIX - http://www.onwatersports.com New products: http://www.viewit.com/Store/Binoculars/