Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 6 Dec 2003 10:39:21 -0500
From:         80 Westy Pokey <pokey@VANAGON.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Bush Guard /Bumpers
Comments: To: Willolyn99@aol.com

When I got my Projektwzo copies I initially wanted to angle the bull bar portion forward and slip a spare tire up front (it was for my air cooled van I did not have to worry about blocking the lower grille). So when I ordered the bumper I asked them not to weld the bulbar portion on.

Before I took delivery of the bumpers I bought a syncro and quickly abandoned the idea of a spare up front (cooling concerns) but thought about angling it just for looks.

I decided against it, because I was concerned about the upper portion of the bullbar damaging another vehicle in a fender bender. I pictured the bar hitting sheet metal and doing damage to the other vehicle in what would otherwise be just a parking lot bump (that wouldn't require insurance companies).

In the end I decided not to angle the bar.

Thanks, Chris

---- Original message ---- >Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 19:57:24 EST >From: Bill Marshall <Willolyn99@aol.com> >Subject: Re: Vanagon Bush Guard /Bumpers >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > >The only one I've seen that would be worth a spit is the roo- bars someone >down-under made. It juts out away from the front at an angle, so that whatever >you hit will be directed downward and away from the front of the van. You >would need a tall one for a deer -- these are designed for wombats and roos. > >Of course, if you hit a tall moose with one all it would do is catch it after >the moose went over top of it and destroyed your van. > >Check it out at <http://members.ozemail.com.au/~pjlander/Bullbar.htm> > >Bill Marshall >85 GL Tiico "Pandora's Box" >Aurora, IL