Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 6 Dec 2003 10:42:17 -0500
From:         80 Westy Pokey <pokey@VANAGON.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Clear Front Turn Signals... European listees respond?
Comments: To: Andrew Grebneff <andrew.grebneff@STONEBOW.OTAGO.AC.NZ>

I have the smoked turn signals, they have orange bulbs inside them so when you signal they look orange. I"d bet the same thing works with the blue ones.

Thanks, Chris

---- Original message ---- >Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 15:12:18 +1300 >From: Andrew Grebneff <andrew.grebneff@STONEBOW.OTAGO.AC.NZ> >Subject: Re: Clear Front Turn Signals... European listees respond? >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > >Hi Bruce > >>About 2 months ago there was a guy on eBay selling a set of new Vanagon >>front turn signal lens assemblies. The color of the lens was blue (!). I >>wasn't quite up for that look, but I watched the auction progress none the >>less. Eventually they did sell. >> >>Anyhow, I also noticed that this same guy had an eBay store. I don't >>remember the name of it, but it had the word "pimp" in the name if I >>remember correctly. For sale at his eBay store, but not up for auction, he >>also had the dark tinted (smoked) turn signals, and he also had some front >>turn signals with clear lenses. I had never seen the clear front Vanagon >>turn signal lenses before. I wanted to get a pair (priced at about $85.00 >>for the pair if I remember correctly), but I procrastinated and lost all >>information about the seller, his store, and the turn signals. > >I'd love a set of blue indicators for my blue Caravelle! But here >indicators must be orange or they're illegal. Not that a cop would be >likely to pull me up, but changing them twice a year for >warrant-of-fitness checks would be a pain and also risk cracking the >lenses eventually. > >>Does anyone know anything about this seller, or, more importantly, where I >>might be able to buy a pair of front Vanagon turn signals with clear lenses? >>I think this would add a great look to the van. Currently I have the SA dual >>front headlight kit along with a pair of ProjektZwo fog lights. I think that >>the clear turn signal lenses would match the rest of the lighting really >>well. > >Isn't it Projektzwo who sells clear indicators... at a ridiculous price? > >I remember reading about colored taillight lenses for Golfs etc in an >English VW magazine somewhere. They can look really good. I THINK >they are Hella ie genuine items, but can't say for sure. Our European >(including British) listees should be able to help here. > >Hmmm... when I think about it, those blue, green etc taillights MUST >show read when lit, so maybe the blue indicators wuold flash orange? >So where can I get 'em? >-- >Andrew Grebneff >Dunedin, New Zealand >64 (3) 473-8863 ><andrew.grebneff@stonebow.otago.ac.nz> >Fossil preparator >Seashell, Macintosh & VW/Toyota van nut