Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 7 Dec 2003 16:28:22 EST
From:         JordanVw@AOL.COM
Subject:      for sale: 82 vanagon w/ 2.0L Inline 16V motor

NOT MINE. former 82 diesel w/ 2.0L 16v. gas engine READ THE AD AND RESPOND TO HIM......NOT ME.

FS: 1982 Vanagon 2.0 Liter 16 Valve 7:29 PM 12-6-2003

This is a 1982 Volkswagen Vanagon with a 4-speed manual tranny. The motor has been replaced with a 2.0 liter 16 valve motor that came out of a 1991 VW Jetta GLI. This 16 valve beauty has roughly 85,000 miles on it. The Vanagon itself has 118,000 miles. The vehicle is in excellent running condition and was my daily driver until I moved to California. The vehicle is located in Reading, Pennsylvania area. That's about one hour west of Philly. I moved away and cannot afford to have it shpped out here or I would, so it must be sold. The motor swap was done by a VW Technician and has been maintained by a VW Technician being myself. The most recent repairs were a new valve cover gasket and plennum gasket, new muffler, front brake pads, rotors and a brake system flush, new battery, new speedometer cable, new spark plugs, ignition cap and rotor, and an oil change. All this work was done less than 1,000 miles ago. This thing is ready to go and also comes with a stellar sound system. Kenwwod headunit with a face that flips over for security, one Kennwod amp pushing a 10" Cerwin Vega sub, one Alpine amp pushing two Kenwwod 6x9 3-way speakers. All stereo work done professionally by my self. Also comes with remote. All the seats are blue in color beacuse the old ones didn't have arm rests, these do. The only bad thing about this Vanagon is some body damage on the RR side as shown in the pictures. There is no major rust or holes. The underbody is rust-free. The only other thing it needs is a speedometer. It started making noise but still works. Also needs a fuel gauge sending unit. I always used the odometer to know how much gas I have and I never ran out. It also comes with five star Fitipaldi rims as shown in pics. The tires are ok but I would get new ones if going far. The original spare and jack are still in tact. I love this thing and wish I could have it out here but it's gotta go. It can be checked out if you wish, but plans must be made with my parents, not a problem though. I am looking to get $2,000. I will entertain others offers or trades located near San Diego,CA Any questions please feel free to call Matt at 484-955-3232 or e-mail at bootarm@yahoo.com _______