Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Dec 2003 17:18:48 +0100
From:         Michael Lars Olsen <mioln@LIOMIO.DK>
Subject:      Re: 2.1 coolant problems

Hi there

I have a VW 1983 Bus with a 1.9 Gasoline waterboxer-engine and I have had the same symtoms with this engine. When the engine gets hot the coolant boils and is been pressed out of the the holes in the expantion tank. After getting rid of all air in the cooling system (there was quite alot) and checking/cleaning all electrical connections associated with the systems it seems like I have now got rid of the problem.

It might help ..

Regards Michael

----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank Condelli" <RAlanen@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 12:51 PM Subject: Re: 2.1 coolant problems