Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Dec 2003 00:46:33 -0500
From:         Ben huot <huotx@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: Power of a 2.0L Air cooled vs 2.1L???
Comments: To: David Brodbeck <gull@GULL.US>

The conclusion: In the past 2 years iv'e seen many type2 engine (i should include Vanagon engine also!) iv'e seen only 2 clean AC engine over... 100. Mine is one of them... When i see an AC engine with so much dirt and oil on it, no wonder that the owner is complaining about overheat! Those fins need to be clean to cool down the engine, heads, core and tranny.

Same stuff for vanagon owner, i have seen one clean engine over 100, it was mine.

Yea, i may be crasy, why should an wasser be clean, no need, the coolant does the job, not the air... well, i will say, i can see every part in case i need to work on it or find a leak, yea am crasy. When i cleaned my FI system in and out i gain 50 km per tank... that is a true story, is there someone else here that does 530km/330miles with one full tank on a 2.1L. http://www.benplace.com/engine/engine_after1.jpg

Yea am crasy, that what my girl is telling me when i polish head for 10 hours.

Have a good one, drive safe, be nice, say thanks...and smile once in a wile. Ben