Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 Dec 2003 14:15:00 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <jh_rodgers@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: Cylinder Types
Comments: To: John Connolly <john@AIRCOOLED.NET>

Anything is possible.

In Alaska I saw an Eskimo repair a broken wing strut on a small plane with two files as a splint wrapped tightly with two layers of reindeer sinew varnished in between. He flew it away over first over open saltwater, then tundra and frozen lakes for 150 miles to a place where he could get a replacement strut. I'd have sworn that strut would fail and drop him in the drink somewhere. Didn't happen though. I think he had "The Big Guy" in there doing the flying and he was just along as the co-pilot.

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver