Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 Dec 2003 15:35:49 -0600
From:         Jeremy Speer <jspeer@POBOX.COM>
Subject:      Decadent!

So i asked my VW guru to flush out the cooling system a while back and refill with a 60 below mix in preparation for the wondrous Minneapolis winter.

I picked the van up and while driving it home realized a large white cloud was following me!

I hadn't considered that flushing out the coolant would remove all the Silver Seal in the old coolant and the numerous rust spots on the hard pipe that comes out of the water pump and loops under the left-side head would start leaking. One rust spot in particular caused a pinpoint stream of coolant to spew right onto the exhaust collector. Nifty fog machine.

I called him up and he said, "yeah, bring it back, but while i've got it drained down is there any *else* you want to have worked on?"

In fact there was!

So, flash forward about a month (seems i wasn't the only VW owner with coolant issues this winter) and i've just driven my van home in chilly temps with a NEW FRONT HEATER BLOWER! I can actually sit at a light or in traffic and have warm air blow on my feet! First time ever since i've owned the van.

Now that's livin' large!

Best,

-jspeer '89 Westy GL, "Mystery Machine"