Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 14 Dec 2003 11:26:18 EST
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon 2.1 Engine Oil Pressure Survey
Comments: To: vanagon@egroups.com, limbolist@egroups.com,
          The_Bug_Pack@yahoogroups.com

Calling again for oil pressure data. There are now five persons that have reported in on their engines. Would be good to have more for a better representation.

From past postings................ I'm posting this message again as I've received only two replies so far from the original posting. One of them was from someone with an OEM 2.1 motor. So, maybe it would be good to have more info like that for comparison. So...to make it more interesting I would like responses from anyone with a 2.1 engine equipped with an oil pressure gauge. Just make sure you designate what engine your giving the specs for. I will be posting the results as they come in to a webpage I will create later today. Goto my main page at www.frankcondelli.com then to my "Mechanics" page and find the link to the "Vanagon 2.1 Engine Oil Pressure Survey"

I am looking to gather some oil pressure information on Boston Bob's Engines. Would any of you who have a Boston Bob Engine please report on the oil pressure of your engine, especially if you have a separate gauge installed. I will publish these results when they are complete.

Please fill in this report and send it to me by p-mail @ RAlanen@aol.com: Do not flood the List with this info, I will publish the results when they are complete.

Engine: Mileage: Oil Weight: Type: Brand: Oil pressure Cold Start Idle: 2000 rpm: 4000 rpm: Fully warmed after at least 1 hour of running Idle: 2000 rpm: 4000 rpm:

Cheers

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada BusFusion a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 10 ~ 13, 2004 '87 Westy & Lionel Trains Member: Vanagon List, LiMBO, IWCCC & CCVWC Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless Steel Mufflers Frank Condelli & Associates or http://frankcondelli.com