Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 14 Dec 2003 14:26:24 -0600
From:         Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon list use and generally accepted rules./Rules? What
              Rules???

I've used the list a lot in the short time I've been on it and here's what I've found:

The people who have been on it for a long time know when there's a good description in the archive, they know when it's covered so well in the Bentley that there's no reason to write it up in the archive, and they know when it would be appropriate to site down and write and essay on how to do something.

Yes, it takes a while to find things in the archive, but if someone who wrote it says it's in there, it's in there.

For the times that I haven't been able to get answer out of the archive, and actually have plead for help, I've asked again and someone has always answered me. I've gotten good instruction from the archive, the Bentley and from the personal messages from others.

The archive of course will be slow if your ISP is slow, or if all the kiddies come home from school in your neighborhood and start downloading music, but that's not the fault of the list. And if you get stuck in one browser, try another.

Jim