Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:32:08 -0800
From:         David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Post 1999 engine mounting kits are ready and lower pricing!
Comments: To: Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>

I agree with the 16V - lots of torque above 4400 RPM - who drives there.

But... have you seen the power graphs for the 1.8T - 155ft.lbs of torque at 1900 to 3200 RPM!? Any that on the 'older' 150hp version! That motor has some serious pulling power! The problem with these motors is you are fighting off the Golf and Scirocco people for these motors and you have to pay good coin to get one.

If I wasn't so much of a TDI nut, I would say the 1.8T is a great motor for the Vanagon.

David Marshall

Fast Forward Automotive Inc. 4356 Quesnel-Hixon Road Quesnel BC Canada V2J 6Z3

http://www.fastforward.ca mailto:sales@fastforward.ca Phone: (250) 992 7775 FAX: (250) 992 1160

- Vanagon Accessories and Engine Conversions - Vanagon, Transporter and Iltis Sales and Importation - European Lighting for most Volkswagen models

Due to the large volume of email we receive, PLEASE include previous emails when responding. This will allow us to read the complete dialogue in one message and will result in quicker and more accurate responses.