Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Dec 2003 12:10:17 -0800
From:         Phaedra Savage <psavage@MEXCONNECT.COM>
Subject:      Saludos de Mexico!

Greetings List & all my old list friends, After nearly two years off the list I am back--reporting on my latest solo adventures south of the border, and needing your sage advice re a couple of challenges with my beloved '85 Westy, Mexicali Rose. To keep things simple, I'll address each issue in a separate post...

But first, will someone please tell me if it´s still possible to set my list subscription for 'no mail'? Since I get email in Mex internet cafes, and pay for the service, I cannot process all daily posts while traveling.

I left coastal N CA on December 5th and am currently visiting an old friend who has taken up residence in the little village of Ajijic, Lake Chapala (near Guadalajara).

I turned my van in this morning to have dents repaired and páinted, and bacl bumper straightened and re-chromed at a local bodyshop. The dent repair and repaint (I brought my own primer, matching paint, and clear coat from CA) will cost only $150--much lower than the estimates I got in CA, which ran well over $1,000. The bumper, which got whacked by someone at a stopsign last Xmas, will be ´like new´ for $70. To top it off, the van will be finished in three days!

I promise to report my adventures as I can, but now must address some mechanical and electrical issues before heading for Oaxaca after Xmas. Since I hope to be able to set my subscription for ´no mail' asap--please reply by p-mail.

Special hello to any and all old list friends still tuned in--not to mention Tom C & Coyote! More later, Ciao Phaedra

Have you read the latest issue of Mexico Connect? http://www.mexconnect.com