Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:08:03 -0500
From:         Eric Zeno <vw4x4@FYI.NET>
Subject:      Re: Why Do Late model Vanagon Engines Catch on Fire?
Comments: To: Ben huot <huotx@VIDEOTRON.CA>

Fuel leaks I have found in Vanagons: 1 - plastic fuel supply tubing leak at fire wall 2 - engine compartment small metal hose clamps rusted away 3 - plastic cigar tubes at each head: these crack, ends cap leak, split at seams These are IMHO the problem. I've never found one of these in an engine fire still intact.

ERic