Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 20 Dec 2003 22:14:45 -0500
From:         jesse johnson <jjmojo@BLAZENET.NET>
Subject:      Ok... the cold start rich running condition part three......

Hey all.... Since i last posted about my cold start rich running problem... i have

made some progress... but the problem is not cured... So without further chatter... Things i have done since last post.. 1. Checked all grounds.. cleaned them all... cleaned all contacts that

have to do with the fuel injection. 2. Checked all fuel injection components.... as per Bentley... everything checks out. 3. Checked plugs for fouling.. all is ok there.. 4. Timing and all that stuff is ok.... 5. Cleaned the aux. air regulator... 6. Checked Fuel pressure.. This one did not check out..... Seems I am running around 36psi with all hoses connected. Bentley says

it should be 26psi. So what would cause this? I would think a bad pressure regulator would

cause low pressure not high? Do the return lines ever get clogged? I have never run into that except on a Type 3 Squareback that i owned. Would this be a problem.. or is this normal? As usual.. any help would be great.... I did swap out the AFM thanks to a great guy on the list named Don : ¬

) thanks Don.... seemed to help some.... van does not seem to run as rich.... but still wants to stall.... Also.... My auto tranny does not want to come out of gear.. when idling... and i think that may be part of the stalling thing... for when the van is cold... it would be easier to stall if the tranny was loading the engine down... I am beginning to think this is a multi prong issue....

So is owning an old VW... Jesse 89 carat... that i can sometimes drive... considering a Tiico conversion....Hmmmm