Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:26:31 EST
From:         Ben T <BenTbtstr8@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: My 86 Syncro for sale in WA
Comments: To: gull@GULL.US

In a message dated 12/15/2003 12:20:44 PM Pacific Standard Time, gull@GULL.US writes: I'm not sure what the big deal is. "Or best offer" is a common expression in car ads, often abbreviated "OBO". It's basically shorthand for "the price is negotiable." It's not some kind of ripoff scheme. See, I knew this was going to get out of hand. AS I said before they are both right depending on what side your on.

Here's my nasty experience yesterday: I answer the guy's ad on the local craigslist for an enclosed trailer (yeah i still don't have enough vehicles). I agree to drive an hour to fecth it. Just as I was leaving the guy emails and says he just took a deposit in the trailer but he will dump the first buyer if I come with a little more cash. Yeah I did -- in the land on NOT.

I said thanks but no thanks. There will always be another for sale. Lots of best offers where the seller changes the price as he goes along. That's what Eric is probably gripping about.

Hey John just said $600. Sounds good to me.

BenT Deehls