Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Dec 2003 14:51:02 -0600
From:         Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Travel help - driving Westy in NY City

I drive up there once or twice a year, and can tell you that it you stay in the city you can expect to spend 24 a night minimum to around 30 a night average for parking. I understand that there's a place by George Washington bridge that's a lot more reasonable, and I can dig it up if you need it.

I stay in my daughter's apartment when I'm there so I don't know about parking in any detail out where you are talking about going. The trouble is, once you get out where the parking is affordable, there's no public transportation.

There's almost no place to stay in an RV (zero in the city, except for stealth camping which I wouldn't recommend) closer than New Jersey, that I know of.

But I will say that if you keep your car in a garage overnight, and you pay the high price, at least you don't have to worry about your stuff. It will be safe.

One bet is to shop around for a hotel that includes parking, there can be some pretty good deals on that. Just google NYC hotels and start calling an emailing. You'll find something, email me if you don't.

Jim