Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 28 Dec 2003 04:49:07 EST
From:         Loretta Abbott-Kennon <SyncrogalVW@AOL.COM>
Subject:      selling my 87 syncro GL

Hello Listees, It's official, I'm moving to western NY and must sell my Syncro. I offer it here first with several different options... 1. The van is currently at my house in Southern California. 2. It is an 87 GL a. five passenger (I removed the two person seat permanately, installed rubber diamond plate flooring (from Girot's Garage) over padding). b. Front seats swivel (westy assemblies welded in) c. tachometer (GL) d. rear diff lock from factory e. rear seat folds to bed f. air conditioned (converted to r134) g. rear heater removed (have complete assembly in box) h. electric mirrors (currently non operational) 3. 5 new BFG all terrain tires mounted on new 15" South African Carat alloys (not starburst) 4. Rear tire mount/ ladder by Gary Lee in Canada 5. Custom tube rear bumper with 2" receiver 6. Rebuilt engine installed by Europros in Costa Mesa less than 10k miles ago (this is where I offer an option for someone to test drive the van and see the operation of the transmission and diff lock, then buy the van without the engine so they can put some subaru, tiico, porche, buick monstrosity in it if they desire such things.. or not, I'll sell the engine with the van of course.) a. new distributor b. new ecu (22d with or without Aussie performance chip, the chip was not installed in this van, is currently in my 90 that sits without an engine : ( c. new air box d. k&n filter e. new water pump (of course!) 7. Hella fog lights mounted on the stock front bumper 8. Front bra 9. Optional SA grille with buckets and inner lights (still in package from group purchase) 10. Golden metallic (savannah beige) exterior a. minor damage to drivers door at hinge side from p.o. b. paint damage inside drivers door step due to once leaky clutch cylinder (I have the correct can of paint to fix this) c. no rust! this is a California car, the p.o. bought it from the VW dealer in our neighborhood. d. the paint is still very shiny and has been well cared for considering it has seen off-road use. e. small dent across bottom edge of slider, barely noticeable. f. right rear plastic flare torn off in a terrible parallel parking accident (sadly, I cant blame the P.o. for that one, my 90 shows the other side of it on her fibreglass left bumper!) I have the plastic syncro wheel flare in a box. g. small dents and scratches in the rear hatch from my old bicycle carrier h. indentations in the roof from walking up there to load and unload kayaks and raft frames and oars (it was my paddling home). 11. Light Brown velour interior a. pretty good condition b. small tear around rear ashtray where seat folds (got caught in the seat) c. small tear in large panel behind drivers seat under window d. rear foam cushion has small area where my dog did a taste-test (not detectable when in place) e. matching curtain set from Go-Westy 12. Van itself has about 175-180K miles on it (engine less than 10K) redline fluids used in trans since I joined the list in 99. a. CVs repacked and replaced less than15K ago (except for front outter passenger side) b. new front suspension bushings less than15K ago. c. new right front wheel bearing less than15K ago. 13. Odometer currently does not work. (had been using the one from my syncro partsmobile up until I sold that van to a fellow listee)

That's all I can think of right now off the top of my head. When I get back to California I will set up a website to post photographs and more information about the van. As I have time, I will fix the little things and improve the van's condition. In the condition it is in, I think a fair price is about $7,500. As I fix things, this asking price may go up. If someone is interested in the van without the engine, or has an engine and auto trans to use as a partial trade, I will deal. Also if someone does not want the little extras like the SA grille, performance chip, etc. we can negotiate there too. Also I am open to delivering the van by trailer between NY & California and even parts of Canada (I love any excuse to visit Canada!). whew! I did it. good cheer! Loretta 909-322-6135