Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 28 Dec 2003 06:23:44 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <jh_rodgers@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: Coolant Overflowing!
Comments: To: ONANOV <onanov@MINDSPRING.COM>

You may very well have exhaust gases getting into the coolant system and pressurizing it. However, before you go through an expensive head repair, first change out the thermostat for a new one. Be sure the new one is the correct one. I would get one from one of our list vendors,, because of a bad experience trying to use one gotten from my FLAPS. Their catalogs said it would work. It didn't fit right.

I went through something like this and changing the thermostat solved the problem.

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver