Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 28 Dec 2003 08:25:24 -0500
From:         MICHAEL POPE <raskayamon@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Coolant Overflowing!

Hey volks,

Well I changed out the pressure cap and bled it again yesterday- seemed to get some of the air out but I can still see it in the engine compartment. Did not overflow yesterday but did raise up 1/2 way up on the cap (started at min mark). Drove on the hwy for a little bit , but not too long. As I said just replaced heads with brand new 10,000 miles ago from gasses in cooling system. I would be surprised if this is same issue. Before I changed out heads van would overheat within 1 hr of hwy driving and coolant would spew. Van never overheats (went 2500 miles for T-day), had to bleed once and pull coolant out of overflow a couple of times but SHE NEVER EVEN GETS HOT. Seems like air getting in but not sure where-next step pressure test? Hard to tell if I am actually losing coolant as it fills up overflow and spits a little-if I am losing it is not very much. Thanks for the help.

Have a Grateful Day Michael 89 Westy-Rosebud