Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Jan 2004 09:13:13 -0700
From:         Ryan Miller <rmiller@AZTECA.COM>
Subject:      engine rebuild and engine stands

Well after some time off the list due to a recent move from Phoenix to Salt Lake City and all that comes along with such an endeavor, I'm back on the list. Now, back to buisiness. Prior to my move I took a little trip in my westie and she seemed to be really low on power, but since I was moving soon I didn't have time to get her checked out until I got up to Salt Lake where Klause at Mill Creek Auto informed me that my compression was way off. One cylinder wasn't even registering anything at all. This was very disconcerting since the engine was rebuilt only about 6k miles ago and, of course, all the warranties had expired. So, what to do? Looks like I'll be yanking and rebuilding her myself to save some $$, but since I've never done this before I thought I'd hit up the list for some advice, sources of information, and where I might pick up an engine stand that I could also use on my wife's type I. Anyway, she's an 82 air cooled and all your help will be much appreciated.

Ryan

'82 westie Camper Van Beethoven