Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Jan 2004 17:09:41 -0600
From:         Andy Yarnell <Andrew.Yarnell@KIMLEY-HORN.COM>
Subject:      Re: jdbimports
Comments: To: jbrush@AROS.NET

John and fellow Vanagon owners,

I went out to his place a few years back when I was looking for a Vanagon. John D. Bigelow does have a great selection, and all the vans I saw were top notch, and you will pay a premium for that. He finds good used vans, buys them, fixes them, and sells them for a profit, "the American way". I would recommend him to anyone. He has been in the car selling business for 20 plus years, and knows what he is talking about when it comes to Vanagons, Eurovans, or just about any European automobile. He is also a one-man operation, so you deal with the owner face to face, I like that. I am not sure who his mechanic is now, but in the past he dealt with the now defunct "Eurocars" owner Ken Morgan, and John may very well still employ Ken for engine work.

Anyway, bottom line is you will get a very nice Westy from JDB imports. If I had the money, I would go straight over there and pick one up today.

Just one man's opinion.

Happy motoring!

Andy Yarnell Lakewood, CO 1989 Vanagon Carat 1973 Type 1 Rat Rod in the making!

John wrote:

I am in Utah, and if the snow ever stops, I might consider taking a drive to say hi and check out the merchandise, so I am wondering if anyone has a real life opinion of him and his business?

Thanks for you time,

John