Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 Jan 2004 11:03:32 -0800
From:         Fin Beven <FinBeven@MSN.COM>
Subject:      '84 GL, Camper Conversion, For Sale

http://tinyurl.com/3bw3v

'84 GL / Camper Conversion ... For Sale.

This one's pretty unique. I'm the original owner. Thinking that I would own it forever, that is the way I cared for it. But then I decided to take what I had learned from the creation of this one, and do it again with a '90 Carat, which I will keep for a very long time. I am selling this one with some small regret, but finally realize that there was no logic in keeping two of them.

The '84 has always been kept here in So. Cal, so there is no apparent body rust. It has 218,465 miles on the original engine, but the trans was rebuilt 3 years ago. The fluids have been changed religiously, and no expense has been spared in maintenance. The local VW agency has cared for the car since it was new, and can speak for the quality of care it has received.

The CV joints were rebuilt last year (2003). Water hoses and belt were replaced last year. Near-new A/C compressor. Dual Die-hard batteries with digital volt meter. Replaced starter system last year, starter, hot-start relay, and starter switch. Near-new Alpine Stereo / CD player / 6 disc changer with Boston Accoustic speakers in the front and Bose in the rear. Several extra reading lights / map lights. Top painted white to reduce summer heat-up. Swivel passenger-side seat. Front seats re-covered last year. Dynamat sound-deadener on side panels. Exterior side table. 12 v. DVD player. CB Radio. Hands-free kit for Nokia cell phone. As you can see, the "extras" add up to way more than the cost of the van. The rear platform and tent are available for and extra $450, as this one fits my new van and I will have to have a replacement made.

Located in Pasadena, CA $2,500.

Fin Beven 626-243-4145