Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:02:02 -0600
From:         Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>
Subject:      Re: casting molds of plastic/rubber/fiberglass parts?  anyone
              done it?
Comments: To: JordanVw@AOL.COM

I know someone who has developed a process for making replacement airbag covers by making a mold from the original, then building a casting mold around that. The finished product has that smooth or pebbly skin, true to the original, and the interior is dense foam. Metal reinforcement can be inserted. His molding process doesn't damage th original as far as I know, I can check.

If you'll give me the dimensions, I'll get a quote.

If youonly want one made, fiberglass is probably the way to go. If you want multiples, this molding process is the way to go.

Jim