Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 Jan 2004 07:21:39 EST
From:         George Goff <THX0001@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: TiiCo - CA emissions + Questions
Comments: To: tornadored@EARTHLINK.NET

In a message dated 1/13/04 2:09:05 AM, tornadored@EARTHLINK.NET writes:

<< I've recently read here and on the TiiCo site that the conversion has been California certified and an "executive order" (?) has been issued. But I spoke w/ Peter at TiiCo today and he said that he was still waiting on the EO... It didn't phase me too much during our conversation, but after going back and reading to the contrary in the archives (and on the tiico site!), I'm now confused. Is it CA legal? >>

This is puzzling. The puzzle is not the legality of a TiiCo conversion in CA, but, how a reader of this list, other than Peter, can answer the question with any authority. This subject has come up several times over the past few years. Although the elusive Peter has been hailed as an extremely affable fellow, which I am sure he is, to my knowledge he has never posted a definitive reply. Perhaps Peter has no knowledge of this list. Possible, but dubious. Perhaps the "executive order" is still in a state of flux. I know the ponderous mass of a bureaucracy is difficult to get rolling, but eventually it does move.

If you did speak to Peter, who is TiiCo incarnate, and he did tell you that the conversion is not approved in CA, and if the TiiCo's (i.e., Peter's) site does say that the conversion is approved, then Peter lacks veracity. I am told there is a principle used by the arbiters of truth: if a fruit of a tree is poison, then all the fruit of that tree must be considered to be poison. So, do you want a bite of this apple?

Geprge