Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Jan 2004 17:02:16 -0500
From:         Phil Walker <phil.walker@BROOKS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Propex 1800 report -- CAUTION
Comments: To: Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@HOTMAIL.COM>

Bob,

I was hoping no one would catch it, but in hindsight it is good to have this cleared up for the archives. I was saying that the housing is "zero clearance" meaning items can be packed up against it. I didn't mean that you could pack solid around it, and I remember not making that clear in our conversation...my fault. As Larry said the housing itself is the intake so care needs to be made not to pack items all around it. I just meant that you didn't need to worry about if an item was touching the housing. I've packed rubber soled hiking boots touching the heater with no problem. It does not get too hot to safely touch. Larry is correct though that the black heater tube gets very hot. Almost untouchable...I haven't had any problems though. Typically I've packed the bench medium full but made a concious effort to keep loose items around the housing.

I agree with Larry...the heat is neat. My wife and especially my new baby agree. Here as some pics of the first Westy trip to Moab with the little one.

http://www.philandsuzanne.com/tripsalbum002.html

-Phil 89 Westy