Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:31:08 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Exaust
Comments: To: John Rodgers <jh_rodgers@BELLSOUTH.NET>

You have to give the shop some credit when they admit a job is beyond them. As for the nut cracker, they won't fit unless you cut the pipe flush with the flange. From the factory, only 2 head connections are done with studs and nuts, the other 2 are done with bolts. Now someone with skill and experience can get the remains of the nuts off with a torch and some luck. If the bolts or studs do break, a small right angle drill can get them drilled out without removing the heads. If needed, heli-coils can restore the threads to better than new.

Dennis