Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:00:15 -0600
From:         Larry Stichweh <lastic@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: 85 Vanagon GL for sale

After participating on this list for a number of years, giving a little help to other but mostly receiving a lot of good advice from other, I find it necessary to part with my 85 Vanagon GL. I can no longer maintain her as she has been accustomed (getting too old). A sad day for me as I have owned her for 14 years. If anyone has an interest or know of another please contact me off list. She is located in Pensacola FL. Would love to pass her along to a list member rather than some stranger ;>).

Information: 197k miles never been damaged original paint but faded especially on the top No rust Automatic transmission in good shape AC but need refrigerant New heads (not rebuilds) at 125k miles New tires 2k miles) New battery New alternator Blue in color Clean original interior Front blower does not work but haven't need it either Rear blower/heater works CV joints and boots are good Brake shoes and pad are good. Oil consumption is about 1 qt/1500 miles Complete maintenance history available in a small book

Potential problem areas: There may be a water leak in the top of the gas tank. Some times she runs like a little water is in the gas. Many original engine parts are still in use so long term reliability is a question. She will be a good buy for someone that can do most of their own maintenance. Any reasonable offer will be accepted. I am thinking in terms of $900 or less.

Larry Stichweh