Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:02:06 -0500
From:         "Daniel L. Katz" <katzd54@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: 85 wbx 1.9 miss at idle

three additional suggestions for rough idle:

1. re-set timing from 5 deg ATDC to 5 deg BTDC (i.e., advancing timing 10 deg from stock). engine will certainly be more peppy on the street and highway.

2. in testing high tension ignition wires, an analog meter is very useful. using test leads with allegator clips to free hands, the wires can be flexed in various ways and the swing of the needle will indicated what might be an intermitent open.

3. always good practice to check for vacuum leaks, including vacuum advance/retard, or possibly a loose oil filler cap.

dlk